In the weeks leading up to the Denver Maker Faire, I decided to design a case to hold an Arduino and the voice changer shield that I had designed. I wanted to make it easy for people to have a go at talking like a Dalek. It turned out to be a huge success! The voice changer was connected to… Read more »
I was contacted about five weeks ago to see if I would be interested in taking my Dalek along to the Denver Mini Maker Faire with my local maker space, The Gizmo Dojo. I hadn’t taken the Dalek to an event since 2014 and it was in a bit of a state of disrepair so I decided this would be… Read more »
With six months to go until Sparkfun AVC 2016, I’ve started work on my entry again (a fairly simple entry based around an Arduino Mega). I’ve learned a lot from last year’s failure and I’m on a mission to make improvements that make it easier for me to debug issues and get my entry performing consistently. In my day job… Read more »
This weekend I assembled the first version of a new HC-SR04 breakout board that I have been working on lately. The goal of this project is to let an Arduino Uno (or any other 5V microcontroller) monitor up to 8 ultrasonic sensors over SPI, therefore only using one dedicated pin. The other advantage is that by offloading the sensor monitoring,… Read more »
Over the Christmas break, I have set up a dedicated web site as a central place to put information for my voice changer shield kit. I have also converted the software into an Arduino Library with example sketches, making installation simpler. The ring modulator example sketch is also now much easier to understand as a result, since all of the… Read more »
I have 12 voice changer kits in stock over on my Tindie store. These kits are for an Arduino Uno shield that lets you create various voice effects, such as a ring modulator effect, as used to create the voices of Cybermen and Daleks in Doctor Who. For more information, see my main Ultimate Voice Changer Arduino Shield page.
This weekend I wired up all components in G-Force using an Arduino Mega and a breadboard. I’ll replace this with a custom board soon, but this is good enough for testing. I managed to test all components individually and can now start implementing the navigation software.
If you’ve been following my blog then you’ll know that I’m a fan of the handy little electret mic breakout boards that combine a mic and a pre-amp so that you can interface these directly with the Arduino’s ADC (analog-to-digital converter) for an easy way to get audio into a project. However, as much as I like these, they are not… Read more »
I have now made an Arduino shield version of my voice changer project. This has been quite the learning curve, learning to layout PCBs using Eagle. Having a finished board makes this project feel much more professional and complete and I’m very pleased with the results. This is my first PCB design and it was a fun project. I’m making… Read more »
It’s been a busy few weeks between home decorating and events supporting my local maker space, but now I have some free time again and I’ve decided to focus my energy on one project at a time now so I can actually get something finished, so today I have been working on a breadboard prototype for my “ultimate voice changer” shield for… Read more »