Dalek nearing completion

I’ve made a lot of progress since my last post. First of all the neck cage was constructed. I used aluminum fly screen mesh held in place with black electrical tape. The neck rings were spray painted the same color as the skirt.

IMG_0953IMG_0958

The dome I made didn’t work out too well. It was too thick and it ha shrunk a little so it would not fit well over the neck cage. I made a new papier mache dome, using the old dome as a base to build on and this  worked out much better.

IMG_0964IMG_1006

I wrapped some poster board (card) around the shoulder section. As you can see from the photo the gun box is made from craft plywood. The next photo shows a first rough attempt at the shoulders and shows the dome with a coat of primer.

IMG_1010

Share on FacebookShare on Google+Tweet about this on TwitterShare on LinkedIn

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *