Looking like a Dalek now

I found a ball shaped screwdriver handle that was almost the perfect dimensions for the eye. It is a little larger than scale but I think it will work OK. I spray painted it black and spray painted a pen gray for the eye stalk (there is a wooden dowel inside for support). For the ears I am using plastic cap from travel sized bottles of laundry spray. I will be putting LEDs inside the eye and ears later on.

IMG_1022

Here is a stack shot with the shoulders primed.

IMG_1023

Next I used some silver poster board for the collars and slats and some more aluminum fly screen mesh for an authentic “Genesis of the Daleks” look.

IMG_1030IMG_1034

I’m very pleased with the result although there are some parts that need a little  re-work but I can take my time with minor improvements. Now I need to start thinking about that plunger arm and gun ….

Share on FacebookShare on Google+Tweet about this on TwitterShare on LinkedIn

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *